Wednesday, September 10, 2014

experientially

Hi Maggie,

I think the first trick is to figure out where the rocks are and how to get a hand on them. The rocks may be what is keeping the swamp full of water and muck...maybe.  I think I'm still a bit lost in the swamp, and I can't find the dam...Your dream featured clean, running water.  That is a great step forward!

Just to clarify, RC is not about conversing.  It is about listening, recognizing - not agreeing or disagreeing.  You are supposed to accept and acknowledge and be present.  I had to learn to stay present with wild emotions and let the person know they were okay and I was there and I was listening.

I understand "fear."  I use fear to shield myself, to avoid what is frightening about life.  That is my way of taking the edge off rather than going to the edge.

Your son has learned something important, probably experientially.  I know it logically, but I still haven't quite learned.

I hope the expansion went smoothly and with very little pain.

I am cooking dinner as I write.  It's almost done.  I will be back tomorrow.

Love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment