Monday, September 22, 2014

dreamin' strange

Yeah, Maggie, I understand.  Sugar is sneaky-addictive.  I can't have any at all. One bite of sugar triggers a binge. Since I haven't been  eating sugar, I have begun to notice that white flour can sneak up on me and I end up eating another slice of pizza or two without thought, but also without hunger.  So I think that will be next to go.

I have read that we may be Vitamin B deficient or magnesium deficient when we crave chocolate. But for me, it comes down to numbness.  If I am having a hard time with life, or feeling low or sad or on the outside, I want chocolate - especially ice cream - but candy will do. I just don't want to feel anything at all any more.

Advice - maybe some guided meditation.  Imagine, while deeply relaxed, that you are expanded, that you can breathe deeply. And, yes you can get nettles at the health food store.  I usually get it as tea, because it is my daily habit to drink tea.  But you can also get it as a capsule.

If I had extra money, I would buy the book Pronoia and gift it to you. The book was written by Rob Brezsny, and it is profound and fun.  Pronoia is the opposite of paranoia - it is that sneaking suspicion that the universe is out to help you.  After I read the book, I wanted to buy ten or twenty copies and give them out for Christmas!

So I had a very crazy dream last night.  It seemed to last forever, and I can't quite decide what issue I am working on.  I was in the farmhouse, where we lived when my children were young. I  was sleeping, and woke up in the dark because one of my students was in bed with me.  One of my little kids was there too.  I was talking to my student and asked him to wait a minute, I needed to get a notebook so I could note grammar mistakes.  When I came back, he was taking off his white union suit.  I asked what he was doing, and he said as long as we were here...So I proceeded to talk about all my past work and none of it included sex. He sort of disappeared and I was looking for notebooks. I couldn't find any, then when I would find one with a little bit of room, it would disappear. I went downstairs and Mom was decorating the ugliest Christmas tree I had ever seen.  And she had moved furniture to make room for the tree, so I could not find my computer or my office.  Every time I checked the clock it was 15 minutes later and I was missing more and more work.  I was becoming increasingly irate and frightened for my job. Then, the library lady came in and told me that when I stepped on the potato peeler at the library, my heel damaged their floors.  I found my tiny computer, dropped it, broke it and bent it up. When I woke up I was very upset, very emotional.

Have fun with that!

I am falling behind with my course, and may end up dropping it. That frustrates me very much...

I love you, I hope you sleep well and deeply. I will hold you in the Light.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment