Friday, September 12, 2014

thoughts-n-questions

Hi Sis,

If you are having postpartum depression, who did you just birth?  You or your son or a new life or a whole new family???

Seriously, though, the hormonal changes of menopause are difficult. I'm not surprised that you are having an emotional reaction. And you are going through the hormonal changes quickly, making it even more difficult.  You night want to consider drinking dandelion root tea every day. It tones the liver, so that organ can work more efficiently. 

I understand your worry about your older son.  We always think we can handle it, but often it's  more difficult than we imagine.  It's like dieting, eating a "bad" food and thinking we might as well give up...I know that pattern well.  And I've seen alcoholics follow the same pattern.  It's that notorious slippery slope.  I think he'll be better when he gets to start over, and consciously choose a new path.  Is anyone from the program in Arizona keeping in touch with him?  Having that connection, that reminder, that could help him stay centered.

What has your healer said about him and his renewed/restored energy?

Just a thought - Do you know what S#5's diet is like?

Your youngest knows something is off - the mood swings are the tip off.  Pot does keep you relaxed, but it's not going to heal the swings.  I still think he needs someone to listen to him.  Is he open to counseling?  How is he doing at the new school?  Does there seem to be a pot subculture?  Is he thriving there and bringing the garbage home to you and his dad?  I've read a lot about food allergies causing emotional/psychological problems. And I remember he always had food allergies.

Have you tried reflective listening with him?  Reword and repeat what he tells you or threatens you with.  One important thing I use to do with mine was ask them to consider who they wanted to be. I would point out that it didn't matter  who they thought they were, their behavior identified them. So I would repeat what they said, sometimes I would label it,( for instance - that is the behavior of a bully, or that is the behavior of a liar) but I would always ask them if that was who they wanted to be.

He is basically telling you that if you give him anything he wants, he will be easy to get along with.  That indicates to me that he can control himself.  He simply chooses not to.

I had a Skype session with your godson and his daughter today.  On my side was me with my youngest granddaughter.The girls showed each other their bellybuttons and their toes.  At the end, they each kissed the computer screen.  They were heartbreakingly cute, so cute that we spontaneously awwwwwwed. I need to have all my kids close....

How's life now that you can eat more than lentils and rice?

Sending lots of love and hugs.  If you need me, you know where to find me...

Your big sister

No comments:

Post a Comment