Thursday, September 25, 2014

'nother question

So, while I wait for eight-year-old Maggie to sound in, I will post another of the questions...

How are you going to save the world?

I haven't thought about this one as much.  But how am I going to save the world? Maybe by being open and vulnerable and listening. By listening, maybe I can hear what needs to be, needs to be done.

As an herbalist, I am a healer. I would like to learn more healing modalities and have time to focus on the ones I know.  When I am out with the plants, that is when I am in "the zone."  Those are my allies, that is where I belong. That is when I can think and truly see.

Instead, I make my eight-year-old cry by sitting at a desk, looking at a computer.

Last night was unusual.  I took the dogs out at about 10:00 again. The darkness was thick. You know how sometimes the silence during meeting is palpable, deeper somehow?  That is how the darkness was.  And all of the plants had presence.  There were there.  And I could "see" things from the corner of my eye.  I went to bed and was "visited" by my border collie and my husky.  I was led to think about change and entities that come and go from our lives.

I have been thinking about a paper I have to write for the course I am taking.  We have to address some aspect of violence. If I like the end result, I will share it here...

I love you, I miss you...

Hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment