Saturday, September 20, 2014

happy

Good morning little sister,

I hope you are well, and just very busy.

I am serene. No dreams, no memories...just an early autumn day with fun things to do. It is another festival weekend, and I am making the vegan soups for the food tent.  I am working on a curried eggplant soup, now. It needs apples.  I don't have any, and so we will go into the forest.  Old apple trees always indicate an old farmstead.

I went outside early to hang laundry on the clothesline.  I had the baby with me.  She didn't let her mama sleep very much last night, so the babe was hanging out with me while mama tried to get a little more sleep.  While we were outside, and the little one stripped the rest of my cherry tomatoes from the vine, I remembered how my babies always wanted to help me.  I remember rolling my eyes, then turning to them with a smile.  I knew the job was going to take three times longer, but the kid would be happy and connected.

Next generation - if I go outside with the dogs, to the garden, with compost, to get the mail, to hang laundry - she KNOWS she is supposed to go wih me.  She crumples into tears if I slip out without her.

I love it!

Hope you are having a happyday...

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment