Monday, September 15, 2014

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself

Clare,
Yes, fear is the root of violence…
towards others…
towards ourselves…
towards the world…
environment, animals, and the list is infinite.

How do we empower people to see that their vulnerability is not weakness or to be feared?
How do we assure them that my gifts can bolster your weaknesses and vice versa- living in true communion?
Who goes first?
It has to be "me"…
and then "Me Too".

We had a good weekend. I still felt very low in energy, but my period started today so that may explain the depressed emotions last week. Second month on Tamoxifen and I am bleeding a second time. I wonder if the dose is right? It's supposed to block estrogen, so I shouldn't be creating a lining to be shed. I will call the doctor to ask.

Anyway- the weekend. Daughter #2 and both sons were home. We did pretty well, except for my suppressed anxiety for my older son visiting with friends. I do believe that he avoided drugs- he chose the two friends that he declared his sobriety to. Son #2 was more stable. He did lose his temper on the way back to school though with husband.

We took son#1 to S#5's house. He was quiet the evening before and morning of departure, but he never challenged his decision. Our parents were there when we arrived. He and Dad talked about all of the critters he'd seen in Arizona. Dad was sharing stories. It was good to see them getting along. We left after several hours- it was not as heard as I thought it was going to be, definitely easier than the last time I dropped him off there. After I got home I texted him that I was proud of him for having the courage to follow through on his plans. He wrote back that he appreciated that. I asked him to create an email so we can write to each other. I really enjoy writing to him…I hope he does that. I really miss him, but I know this is the best move for him.

I spoke in Meeting this week. I rarely speak, but every once in a while my whole body starts to shake and I just have to. I spoke gratitude to the Friends Community for their love and support through this summer. I spoke of the Anasazi lesson of a Heart at Peace being parallel to the Quaker value of seeing that of God in every being. And I spoke of how important that has become in my life. Many came to speak with me after the rise of Meeting- so I think it touched many of them.
It is good to belong…
they have become the family that I've longed for.
They set an example for how family can truly be.
I am grateful.

I'm glad that you got back to Meeting this past Sunday. Many of my Friends/friends are going to NY for the weekend as well. I am touched by the challenge of sustainability- and how ineffective that goal really is. We need to seriously decrease our consumption- not just maintain it. A friend of mine shared an idea that is remarkable…a car that creates its own energy by having small wind turbines attached. As the car moves forward they rotate generating additional power which can be stored in a battery for starts to overcome inertia. Those simple ideas have the potential of changing the balance. But, big oil buys all innovations to maintain our addiction to oil.

Love and Light until tomorrow (well really forever),
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment