Tuesday, September 16, 2014

kitten dream

Clare,

Thank you...
for loving me...
for sharing your thoughts with me...
for sharing your emotions with me...
for sharing your awakenings with me…

I've said this before, but this has become a very integral part of my spiritual practice. Writing with you makes me think and feel about topics I am too frightened to take on by myself. We've touched on, and dissected, many scary topics and we've thrived through them. This is a sacred space.

I started working on a powerpoint yesterday, What does environmental change have to do with social work? It is an expansion of an article I wrote. I pulled up the movie from 350.org talking about this week's rally at the UN and now I really want to go. But, my life is too crazy right now. I do wonder what my kids would say if I took them to NY to support wise environmental policies. It might change their dynamic a little- get them out of their own heads for a while. I will talk with friends tonight at a committee meeting.

I had a dream last night about kittens. I found a kitten and picked it up. One of my kids saw me and suddenly it was ours. As we played, another identical kitten showed up and of course we couldn't turn it away. It quickly became apparent that we were adopting the litter when another showed up and my kids snatched it up as well. Then something strange happened. I went to the food bowl, picked up a towel and found an emaciated, sick kitten under it- still alive. I didn't want to pick it up. I didn't want to take on the challenge of a sick kitten. But, I couldn't help myself. I found an medicine dropper, sat down and held the kitten and started to give it water. I woke up, so I don't know if it regained health or not. Maybe the dream ties in with your observation that sometimes we "go first" by seeing the need, and opening to the one in need. Maybe offering assistance is as scary as asking for help. I'm not sure. I do feel frightened some days with clients who I feel overwhelmed by their stories…but as I continue to listen things don't seem as daunting.

I am being pulled back to my horses too. I feel as if I NEED to see them. Through this summer I have been so distracted that I've not been over to see them much- only 4 times. They are well cared for at all times, but I haven't groomed them or spoiled them with carrots and apples. I am going over tomorrow night. I'm sure that my big ThunderBay will put his butt towards me and act offended- but eventually he'll turn around and nuzzle my neck. That's the game we play when I've been away too long. The others will also be excited to be groomed, but they are not as offended by my absences as Thunder. It will be good.

I've got to get ready for work.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment