Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Peace, Balance, Humanity

The final conquest of man, I think, will be recovery of his/her/our own humanity.  We will by-pass power and become humane.  To be humane/humane is a wonderful gift.  We simply have to identify the violations that destroy humanity, and do something different - something older, more primitive, less civilized, more basic - simply become humane.

Butterflies find peace, balance, but then humans up the violence.  The inhumane mind does this to all species that compete in any way.  Do you remember Mr. Rogers, and the character with the book...anything in the book was "All Mine!!"  He was using the character to teach kids about sharing.  Sharing is all about faith, about trusting the abundance, about knowing in your soul that there is enough for everyone.  To share is humane.  To hoard is inhumane.  It stems from fear, from that which we learned as children - there is not enough for me.

So, what breaks our connection to the Divine?  That is the initial, and perhaps ultimate violation.  When did I learn I was not worthy of love and belonging?  When did I learn I was not connected, not wanted?  I think this may be the most important question of our lives...

Our baby girl is sick for the first time.  She is congested.  Her mama took her to the doctor today.  The baby valiantly smiled at him, even though she felt bad.  We should all be so loving!  She got bad last night, and so my daughter woke me up at 3 am.  We filled the bathroom with steam, and I gave my daughter herbs, hoping to get them into the babe.  We got them set up in the big arm chair, so they could sleep with heads elevated.  I am tired, they are tired.  We just did another steamy shower, resulting in projectile vomiting - but freer breathing.  Hold us in the Light, please.  We all need sleep, and I work early tomorrow morning.

I love you, always...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment