Wednesday, June 12, 2013

grow up!

i check ads, every day.  and a friend has been encouraging me to move more toward herbalism, selling potted starts, perhaps.  that has set my mind in motion.

it's the expense of grad school that stops me.  assuming student loans for the rest of my life is so daunting.  i will think about it, though, and see if way opens.  in my life, i have noticed that when i am ready for something, someone says the right words and -- there it is.

one of my all-time favorite movies is shirley valentine.  there is a point where she wonders why we dream such big dreams and live such little lives.  the first time i heard it, i started sobbing.  even now, the query leaves me unsettled and emotional.

maybe this is a time for me to decide what i want to be when i grow up...

don't assume a guard mentality.  assume the mama mentality - mother tiger fighting for, defending, her son.  being on guard or the guard makes you the antagonist.  your actions come from the heart, you love that boy, passionately and fiercely.  you will stand up to anyone to protect him, even if it's him.  i talked to my kids, ad nauseum.  we talked about what they did and why it was a mistake.  some of my children refer to this as mom's guilt trip.  but i was not making them feel guilty, i made them accept responsibility for what they did. 

i did it to non-bio kids, also.  once a son and his friend asked me to just hit them.  but i made them talk to me about the meanness of their behavior to a younger sibling. 

charming is a gift.  remind him of that, but he has to be able to use it appropriately or it will bite him!

my little one is back to sleeping by my feet. 

i love you little sister!!

clare

No comments:

Post a Comment