Thursday, June 27, 2013

joined

We don't need to believe we are on our own.  That is what is so elegant about a joined meeting.  We are not separate, but one.  It is in the power's best interest for us to believe and to act as if we are separate, set apart, unworthy of being joined.  Then we become good consumers - looking for the latest thing to make us whole.   Or at least what the neighbor has so we feel the same, like we belong.

It's the violence that teaches us we are separate, we are driven out.  It's the violence that drives this unworthiness deep into our soul.  I wonder if there's some sort of heavenly emergency room so we can be treated just after we pass.  These truths are so deep, that it must take some healing to allow us to release.

I fell that if we were healthy, we would know and glorying in both ego uniqueness and being joined, being part of the tribe.

My mind slides back to the baby.  She doesn't know she is separate.  She expects everyone to smile, to accept her, to adore her.  We were all there once.  Can we find that part?

My daughter has managed to change jobs.  She will be doing five hour shifts, rather than nine hour shifts.  I think it will be better for both her and the baby.  Nine hours for a new mom is unreasonable.  But we all know how poor labor law is in this country - for the workers.

Exhausted, again.  I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday.  I need some down time!

Sleep tight, dream sweet dreams...I will be listening to the rain as I drift off...

Love,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment