Friday, June 14, 2013

motivation

The violence can be reduced by sacrificing a scapegoat...

How does sacrifice reduce violence? Isn't sacrifice the ultimate violence...taking innocence and offering it up to atone for others' wrongdoings?

The conforming issue is intriguing...I wrote the lyrics,
 "trying so hard to be the best, but conforming to be like the rest".
I thought about that long and hard...but still conform to many of society's rules.

I was meditating this morning and had a strong sense that it is time to start interviewing people for our book, gathering stories. I need to develop a series of questions to guide the interview, but still allow enough space for the stories to unfold. I am wondering what the best way to attract participants, both victims and perpetrators. I really want to wrap my head around interpersonal violence...Any ideas?

Last night I lectured about stress and disease. The class was great, asked so many questions, and made some really good insights. I think that's why I am motivated to start to work on the violence stories. I had my powerpoint but forgot my notes so I just talked from the cuff. It was freeing, I was able to speak to whatever their questions were and throw in interesting facts and stories.

Anyway, I have to go to a licensing board review tomorrow morning. I am going to bed soon. I hope the hand/arm continues to bloom and flower. 

Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment