Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cicadas

You have cicadas? No fair!  I was so excited when I read that this was the year they would emerge, but we are not in their range.  I would love to be listening to the cicadas!

I truly believe that abusers have always been abused.  That's the only way they could have learned to behave in such an inhumane way.  And I have learned that the biggest gift we can give to anyone is to listen.  So many of us are ignored, pushed aside, dropped through the cracks as if we are insignificant.  We begin to believe we are insignificant.  We need to let people know we see them, we hear them, they are real. 

I like your dream.  Do I get to keep all the gifts?  One thought that came to my mind is a memory of gifts offered to me, but I refused.   I thought they weren't really for me, that I was not good enough, that everyone else should get theirs first.  Maybe it's time to receive - which is easier said than done!

Gifting must have two sides.  Someone must give and someone must receive or it's not really gifting.  And receiving graciously is a gift to the giver.  I don't think I am very good at that.

Maybe you were dreaming of the gift we are about to give others...

I mowed lawn for about three hours this evening, and am exhausted.  I don't think anything profound is going to emerge here, and so I will say good-night and sweet dreams, and I'll "see"you tomorrow!  And I love you!!

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment