Monday, December 3, 2012

You found your mind!

You may have found your mind.  We never have the whole truth, but at moments like this, you experience, define and share the next step of it.  I don't know all of the theories you listed, but I do recognize the frequency of truth and passion in your words.  I say go for it, develop the full theory and dive in and study.

The one concern I have is that the process of turning the receptors back on has to be emotional and experiential.

I would appreciate a mini-course in the different theories your have tied together.  Could you post a short synopsis of each, maybe once every few days?

It would be amazing if you found the ways we begin the numbing process.  But then does that mean we need our sugar, nicotine, alcohol, TV, computer games to maintain the numb?

Why would you be denied access to the collective unconscious?  You are part of the collective...


“Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration!”   -Thomas Edison

 

You have been gifted with the inspiration.  Now for the work...

 

For my niggle into possible breakthrough today: I just read back through your posts, because I knew you wrote something insightful about fright or flight.  I found it on November 14, in your post mission statement.

 

"From what I have come to understand it is not the stress that makes people ill, but the failure to respond appropriately to our body's signal. If we are frightened and have the fight or flight reaction, we burn off the stress hormones and their by products...it is when we freeze or dissociate that we experience illness from these chemicals."   - Maggie


That started the process. Next, I was telling someone else about the Alternative to Violence Project.  In reviewing some of their information, I reread a line that said AVP, which is an experiential workshop, teaches us that there are responses other than fight or flight.

I don't know about you, but when I have the flight reaction, I freeze.  I don't know where to go, since there is no sanctuary.


It breaks my heart to write that, to know that I believe that...there is no sanctuary on this glorious, beautiful planet...


Anyway - we're back to experiential.  We gotta feel it...We gotta feel!


You are an inspiration.  Keeping going, you are on the right track!!!!



Love, so much love!  Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment