Sunday, December 30, 2012

Family gathering

I think that the ability to see the actions and call them as they are is a step forward...
living mindfully is the goal...
even if you are working against what you perceive to be the best choices,
with awareness,
it is still an improvement of being at the mercy of your physiology.

Today, I realized that my binging had alot to do with the family gathering at my house today...
husband's siblings and family were scheduled to be here for most of the day.
His sister really makes me uncomfortable...much like your ex-sister-in-law did.
She is always perfect...always had the worst lot in life...always struggled and was able to shine above everyone else despite her challenges...and I was not.

She cancelled at 9 am...she had her daughter call and cancel.
My other sister-in-law said that she has cancelled the past 3 gatherings that she was invited and committed to. I wished I had known..I could have saved myself about 5000 calories.

I had an interesting conversation with my sister-in -law today (the sane one). Her mother died in November and her brother is psychologically unstable to the point of threatening her family and his own life.
We talked about how tenuous family ties really are... what seems stable is really balancing on a small fulcrum...and any change can topple the whole thing.
She asked me what I thought would happen when our parents died and we had to execute the will...I laughed, there will be no will, there will not be anything to give to anyone, except B#1 will get the house because he gave them funds for the down payment.
She and I used to laugh at our in-laws because they were obsessive about keeping track of all monetary assistance they gave each of their children...to even it out in the end...when it came down to it no one argued...each was given their fair share and no one was hurt. No one has the right to expect anything when someone dies...it is a gift.

Anyway...back to the Christ references in the book...
Maybe Jesus didn't come to stop suffering...
maybe he came to show us how to endure it with grace and love...
how to learn and grow from the struggles through it.

I hope that you have a peaceful day tomorrow.
The holidays are almost over...the boys go back to school on Wed. and the girls and I start again next week. It will be good to get back into a routine.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment