Sunday, December 30, 2012

LOL'd

NoNoNo...NO!!!!  Jesus did not come to teach us how to suffer.  I will never believe that.  We are not supposed to suffer.  We are supposed to live and love and laugh, with a little pain thrown in.  This world is so beautiful, we are meant to celebrate and be happy.  If we were raised without abuse - in the family, from religion, from civilization, we would never ever consider that our lot in life is suffering.

I LOL'd (the first time I have ever written that!) when you said you could have saved yourself about 5000 calories!  And I do understand how hard it is to endure the comparisons to someone who always has it the worst and is, therefore the only one who can suffer.  There is no room for Me, too - only room for me.

Interesting connection between your in-law's propensity to keep such a close eye on what they gave each of their kids and your oldest's insistence on keeping score with the siblings.

I think we are all so disconnected, that when our parents are gone, we will come apart all the way.  The bonds that are important now will remain, the rest of us will completely lose touch.  Some families are so connected, though.  I envy them, at least from the outside they look good - like a haven.

My youngest and I were looking at in utero pictures of babies at the same stage of development she is at.  We were talking about ways we would take care of the baby when she has to go back to work. She works so close to home, we thought we could just take the baby down on her breaks and nurse.  I have been thinking about when mine were little and what we have ahead.  This is going to be a big year for us!

My brain is fried.  Nothing wise is emerging...I think it's time to retire for the evening...Love you - Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment