Friday, December 28, 2012

Lessons to be learned

Next year might not be better...
but it will bring a new set of lessons...challenges...joys and sorrows.
I look forward to the new year...
not because I want everything to suddenly change...
but because it brings possibilities.

This year has been seriously difficult...
but I have grown more this year than probably any previous year in my life.
I have begun the process of breaking down the barriers and letting the Light shine into the dark corners...
showing me that the past really is not going to hurt me any longer.

I have also had opportunities to reflect upon people that I have hurt along the way...
interestingly several of them have reached out to me recently in various ways...
showing me that the pain that I caused is also past and carries no further danger or threat.

I believe that the upcoming year will be another of growth and self discovery...
hopefully with a new career opening for me...
hopefully with new opportunities to give and receive love and acceptance.

My son#1 had his wisdom teeth extracted today...
he is generally somewhat aloof...but extremely funny when he interacts...
today we spent a good part of the day together and it was great.
He was showing me the music and videos and TV shows that he likes to watch and listen to...
he likes different musical genres but he listens to lyrics with meaning.
He shared a rapper who sings about accepting gays...about dropping stereotypes...about avoiding drugs... about having to tall his parents he relapsed...
He is amazing...but he gets lost in the middle of his siblings because they all demand more than he does.
I should learn how to relax and enjoy moments...
rather than rushing to meet deadlines.
I could learn many things from him.

More snow is on the way tomorrow...and the husband's family are coming on Sunday...
Wish me stamina and patience.

Love and Light on the short winter's days,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment