Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Channeled

Oh be New Agey, and just say you channeled the information!!  How do you feel?  Exhilarated or exhausted?    

So, is the Jungian conscious like the public self, and the personal conscious more of a private self?

When you take this back to Quakerism, what I see is a joined meeting, or a united meeting.  When we enter into the silence, ideally we are not alone, we are not meditating.  We are looking for each other, and joining in the silence.  That is the true meeting, which doesn't really have to do with the bodies in the circle of chairs trying to maintain focus and silence.  It is rare, but I have felt that, and it's that longing for connection that keeps me involved with my meeting.

I took a group of teens to a peace roundtable once, and walked into a room where a group of "power Quakers" were settling into worship.  I sat down to join them, and was immediately swept away and ended up in united meeting with them.  The only words I had were, "Whoa, this is real."  So, this is the community I dream of living in.  I dream of being so connected, we find it easy to know what to do and to move forward together.

But you are right.  We have been traumatized, which blocks us from joining this in our spiritual life as well as our daily life - which should be spiritual!

My favorite of the virtues is simplicity.  I have always seen it as so important as a way to understand our connection to the planet.  I thought it had to do with only taking what we need, and nothing more.  Now I will have to reevaluate, and expand my perceptions and consider my relationship with myself, analyzed in terms of simplicity.

I listened to an herbal lecture about the adrenals today.  I heard that living with the stress of flight or fight shortens our life span.  And suddenly I am thinking about Grampa Smoke again...

You said that we are each influenced by the environment, then we influence the environment.  That sort of make it very self perpetuating.  Someone was mean to me, I was mean to you, and so it goes.  And the more we try to fight it, the murkier it all gets.

I like your bottom line.  I await the next lesson.

Sleep well,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment