Sunday, December 23, 2012

Still waiting for that long winter's nap

I am tired today as well.
At our Meeting we have a Christmas program for an hour prior to Meeting for Worship and also a special "Tea" (glorified potluck) after. I had the responsibility of planning and organizing the program, and a Quaker Choir.
It was a bit disorganized at the beginning...people showing up late and not fully prepared...
but once it got rolling it was fine.
We sang Dona Nobis Pacem and A Song of Peace...
they were beautiful...although daughter #2 said we need to stop singing the Dona Nobis Pacem round with the whole community...it got a little off but it includes everyone actively.

I have to think about the roots a little more...
I need to consider it in the context of Jesus' saying "these are not my mother and brothers...it is those who follow me who are my family."
Are we meant to cling to our specific family or become part of the greater whole of humanity?
I do feel as if I need to cut off/disconnect from some of the negative elements in our lineage...
I can't hold on to the pain and suffering and move forward into maturity and health while holding onto those roots. I am not sure if its the people...but it is definitely the actions and attitudes that need to be severed.

Off to make Christmas cookies...
Enjoy your family time,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment