Friday, December 14, 2012

Where do we begin?

My heart is torn for those injured and murdered children and their families.
Discharging pain or mental illness takes lives too frequently...What are we becoming as a species?
We have failed to connect...
to see each other as the same as us...
each containing the Light.
It is so simple, yet unobtainable in many circumstances.
I just finished watching Obama's message...wiping tears and pausing to compose himself...
telling us to hug our kids...then I picked up the 12/17 Sports Illustrated with the cover story about child sexual abuse and two athletes who have spoken up...it was a good article...but SO much more needs to be said...the article proposes that child sexual abuse will be a thing of the past in 100 years... God, I pray that is true...it has to stop...we have to speak out...
So how do we begin with this book?
What's involved?
What do you think?
Is there anyway to sift through this blog and put together some material to get it started?

I will begin to formulate my theory, in a more rational, presentable format and bring it to my professor/mentor...see what she says...she will offer solid advice.

I was teaching about abuse and the aftermath to my students this week...I felt compelled to disclose that I was abused (I spared the details) and that abuse can be overcome...I told them that I had to work harder to overcome the hurdles to move forward in life. It felt really good to be seen...really seen. So I have told my story twice in two weeks...this could become a habit. it has to become habitual so that I can empower others to tell their stories too...Me Too.

I pray that we humans can stop hurting each other...
Blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment