Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Just a little emotional

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/fhm-virgin-and-zoo-australia-the-12-days-of-misogyny-8406231.html


I just read this article, the one you can find at the link above.  I am nauseous and emotional.  The writer nails it - the way we, as women, are treated.  And there was a short video a film student made in Belgium.  She had someone discretely tape hr as she walked down the street.

A clip: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/aug/03/femme-de-la-rue-sexism-brussels-video

It's like - there goes a vagina, can I use it.  Sex can be used to connect, but mostly we use it to numb and to block all connection.  We all end up being a used piece of toilet paper, discarded and disgusting.

I think I am feeling a little hopeless about the world tonight.

My youngest and her two brothers just went to move her furniture out of the trailer she was in with the ex.  She called the landlord and asked her to be there.  I hope that happens.  I am afraid that emotions will be triggered, the ex will renew his efforts to reclaim his possessions.  Sometimes, I am a little nervous living out here, not knowing how angry the ex can get.

Drama. Drama! F'ing drammmmmma!  Why can't we just be nice.  Because we are all damaged and all in pain.  And when we look around there are damned few examples of healthy relationships and balanced, kind, caring families to look at, to get a clue from.  Instead we bear our pain and grope blindly trying not to get hurt...never even wondering if we hurt others.

Sorry.  Emotional tonight...

Hope you are having a good evening...Love to you.

Clare

Yeah, and boycott Virgin Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment