Thursday, December 13, 2012

more questions for the universe

The article and the video are disturbing...
Why can't women and men just be human?
Why does it take demeaning another to make yourself better?
Why are people or even animals reduced to objects to be used?

I was searching YouTube for videos to show several mental illness diagnoses...
I came across one called "Child of Rage"...
showing a young girl who was abused, adopted, and now is dangerous to her brother.
One of the biggest hurdles that I had in accepting that I had been molested by the brothers was my disbelief that children are capable of hurting other children, particularly in a sexual manner.
I supposed that prior to puberty there are no sexual urges...so it could not have possibly happened the way that I recalled. But I failed to understand that it has nothing to do with sexual desires...
it has everything to do with sadness, anger, fear, intimidation and control...
the molestation was the expression, or the vehicle, of the overwhelming negativity that we all lived with.

In the video I watched this six or seven year old girl explain that she attacked her brother's genitalia in order to hurt him...she specifically wanted to hurt him.
I couldn't watch the entire video...it was too disturbing to see that degree of disconnect in such a young girl.

What happened to us?
How did we manage to survive?
What brought us to this place of sharing and healing?
Something has to happen to change the world that doesn't value its inhabitants...plants, animals human and inanimate...
we need to open our eyes, our ears, our hearts and know each other as we truly are...
we need to share and enrich each others' power and energy in order to evolve and survive.
we need to love and accept...diversity...
our strength lies in the sum of all of our talents and gifts...
no one can stand alone.

Love and blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment