Monday, April 11, 2016

random

Hi Mags,

My daughter-in-law sent me a clip from a French film called Angel-A.  It seemed like a fantasy with an angel talking to a man of indeterminate everything.

She made him stand in front of a mirror and asked him what he saw and he said, nothing. She said that was an improvement because he used to see shit.  She talked to him about the fact that no one had ever said they loved him and so he could not love himself.  I started crying as she got him to say he loved himself in the mirror. It is the seed of all of our problems.

We are disconnected, and so we are lost from ourselves.

She talked about loving our broken bodies which have borne us through all of our lessons with no complaints.

I know, but it is hard to believe...

The other thing I am thinking about is another TED talk I listened to as I cleaned.  It was a man who created Story Corps - a project for listening and recording the stories of people who are not usually listened to. People go into old age homes or prisons and ask open ended questions.  Then the stories are fled with the Library of Congress. Now it is spreading out.  If we did one, our great or great-great grandkids could go hear our voices, get a stronger feeling for who we were...

But the four things people want to say:

Thank you.

I love you.

Forgive me.

I forgive you.

It really does say it all.  I have the hardest time with I forgive you.  I find I am not holding anything too deeply...Hmmmmm...or maybe I am. Maybe I have some hurt feelings way deep, where I don't have to see or feel or acknowledge.

Something more to think on...

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment