Sunday, April 10, 2016

percolating

Hi Maggie,

How has the weekend been? It has been quiet here.  I have been continuing to spring clean, but somehow, nothing seems different. 

I went outside early, early yesterday morning, and as soon as I stood still in order to breathe deeply, a grouse started drumming.  It was amazing to hear it and recognize exactly what it was. I was thinking I need to know more about drumming and/or dancing...I am organizing a contra dance for later this month. I wonder if that counts. As I was standing there, a Canadian goose started honking, and I thought about being mated for life...Then a woodpecker started drumming...again with the drumming.  There was one more bird, but I have forgotten who it was...but it was a flightful experience!

I watched a qigong webinar yesterday.  Someone asked the master how a specific disease was treated with qigong. He said it wasn't. Disease is seen as a contraction, and healing comes from restoring the flow of energy through the body.

It resonated with my understanding that health - physical, emotional, spiritual - comes from flow.  So I am pretty excited about learning more.  In this theory liver is connected with anger or with courage...there is a positive and negative aspect of each.  Lungs connect to sadness or compassion.  Digestive organs are tied to worry or confidence. Kidneys are fear or power. And the heart -  I didn't write fast enough to know the negative, but the positive is joy and connection.

Chinese facial diagnosis shows that bags under the eyes indicate a weekend kidney...remember Grandma's face?  And now, mine. And I have written about feeling pervasive fear much of the time. I know I have to work on my kidneys...

I also listened to a few TED talks while cleaning. One was about people who are original.  I know that I am an original thinker, but I never make it out of my shadowy little place here.  I get trapped in that place where I do not know the difference between the idea is bad and I am bad.  I think I am bad and so I refuse to step out, step up..step anywhere.

Lots to think about this weekend...the result of staying home and percolating!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment