Sunday, April 24, 2016

attached

Clare,

Today was a better day. I spent the morning at Meeting, speaking with Friends who care about us. Several asked how life was going, and I was able to speak my frustration and pain- with a bit of humor added into the mix. It felt good to let some of it go. One woman joked that I was taking on more teenagers as I was struggling with my own- not really a joke though. I wonder what the Light is guiding me towards? I do feel I am being led on this journey. I am trying to not get swept up into the journey though. I am trying to be conscious and discerning along the way.

I took the two young men to my favorite mountain on Saturday. We hiked, and talked, and laughed. It was good. The older wanted to take a more challenging path- so I reluctantly allowed him to go separately. I joked with the younger that if anything were to happen to him the group home leader would "have my head on a stick".  Very seriously he told me that he and his brother would not allow them to hurt me- they will protect me. I guess he is getting attached to us. I know I am getting attached to them.

I look forward to the weekends, finding new things to do together. The younger is harder to engage- he is very shy. He feels best if he is in the basement playing video games. He did tell me that he enjoys getting out and walking together though. He is thin, but very out of shape. I can walk faster and farther than he can. It is eye opening.

This is my last week of teaching for the university. I have said that before- but this time I believe it to be true. I will miss the students, and the faculty. I cannot handle the new job and teaching responsibilities. I cannot do both well. I have to start concentrating on doing things fully committed for the new job. Up until now I've been learning the projects and meeting people.

I hope you have a wonderful day,
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment