Monday, April 18, 2016

Hi Maggie,

I like your reminiscences of Grandma. I knew her younger, you knew her older. I missed a lot at the end.  I knew she lived with Aunt L. for awhile.  I thought she was going to stay there, but it seemed to be a stepping stone to the home.  I often think about her being blind and deaf at the end.  I wonder if that came from not seeing and not hearing when she could. I also wonder if it is frightening or boring or sublimely peaceful.

I am not critiquing my face as much as studying it and trying to understand it.  I think it is part of never have really occupied me more than I had to.  It is the facade of what is happening inside.  I would go out on a limb and say we all have an age that sort of shocks us, and takes a little more awareness to accept and become - even if we are really no different from the day before. It is probably different for each person...who knows.

I went to my older friends memorial service this weekend.  It was perfect - laughter mixed with tears.  A really nice thing her daughters did was to put out a large selection of her books and ask people to take home as many as they wanted. I picked up about five...

Keeping in mind the thoughts I have been rolling here lately, and keeping in mind we live in a generous universe who delivers what we need when we need it...of course I found a perfect book.  It is called The Girls With the Grandmother Faces.  I wanted to start reading immediately, but it is not in the pile...meaning it's not quite time.  But I'm sure I will read it soon.

I went for along walk today. It was so beautiful outside. We live on such a beautiful  planet.


You may end up with a more extended extended family...how cool!  Keep me posted on the developments with your new boys.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment