Tuesday, April 5, 2016

allergic

Hi Maggie,

So today I ate chicken and went way over on the fat and protein, but stayed way under on sugar and calories. This is like a puzzle. I am still not sure how to find the balance.  I realize I'm not sure what a proper, healthy serving is. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I will figure this out. Then I will decide if I like this regime, if it is healthy for me.

I was researching asthma today, and reading up a bit on allergies.  I was thinking about how hypervigilance echoes through our whole selves. Emotionally we are definitely hypervigilant and controlling and on alert. We are always expecting something bad, or maybe we are always expecting the worst.

And our immune systems are also hypervigilant, suspecting every substance of being out to get us.

I read that because of our clean modern lifestyle, our bodies never get to interact with nonpathogenic microbes. In the end our immune system can't tell friend from foe.

Is that what happens to children of abuse? We lead a "clean" life - there is an absence of outsiders, of others in our life. Otherwise, who knows when the secret will get out. And we must protect the secret and the perpetrator at all costs. Because we never know an other, we think  everyone is suspect. 

So we have an emotional allergy.

Sort of...

Back to it...I'm trying to understand the process...

I know part of the cure is always prevention...avoid the triggers. Hard to do when we suspect everyone...

Much love and many hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment