Thursday, April 28, 2016

ch-ch-changes

Guess I'll just have to fall of my shoes more often...

I had a strange thought.  You know how when you have a new baby, the old babies have to readjust and reshuffle for position?  I wonder if all the drama with your youngest is because of new brothers coming into the house.  It's going to change everything. And, you just started a job where you are traveling a lot. And his older siblings are pretty much all aging out of the house and into interesting new adventures.

His world is changing quickly and he has no power to stop it.

And as much as we want change, we really don't want too much change...you know?

My little buddy's favorite place is down by the creek. It is near the mouth of a small stream, at the base of two hills, one rising up on each side.  And up on the hills are the hemlocks, growing pretty much in a circle. It is like being in a hemlock protected womb.

Yesterday we found salamanders - two different species - hiding under rocks. And the violets are up...

While I was down there I was thinking about life and I started getting my typically strange thoughts.  I got the message to be primal.  I was also thinking about the way I see and experience this beautiful world, and wondered how other species experiences compared.

And I got the word primal again.

I looked up the word primal and found words like original, first of its kind.  I was thinking about the Earth as she was in her primal stage, thinking about how energy moved.

That felt right. It seemed the energy moved slowly and thoroughly and without bigotry. 

I also found primal diet.  It seems to be primarily vegetarian, primarily raw, with just a bit of opportunistic animal protein included.

I may have to play with that, since I am still struggling to find my way to my body.

The baby will be 3 tomorrow.  That seems so outrageous. She's just a little tyke - but she's not any more. Guess I should join your son for change lessons!!

Love and hugs from Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment