Monday, April 4, 2016

grouse

Hi Maggie,

I am sort of bewildered in the midst of ripping the house apart. I can't seem to focus on one place then move on. I do a bit here, a bit there. But slowly, it is getting done. I can't exactly see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but I know there is one!

I let niece's chihuahua out this afternoon and he flushed a big bird off of my garden wall. I am almost positive it was a ruffed grouse.  I don't know if we were working together here several years ago when I had a bird fly into the window by my desk.  I went outside and found it's body. Being the great ornithologist I am, I thought it was some sort of raptor.  I showed everyone in the neighborhood and I buried it.  Not much later - a few days? A week? I was working at my desk, on the phone, when there was a crash, and explosion of glass.  Another of those birds was lying dead on the floor next to me.  It was November, so cold air was streaming in. I thought maybe someone was trying to get my attention, so I got some help identifying it...ruffed grouse.

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/grouse.htm

So I'm back to drumming and cycles and dancing.

I think I will pay attention this time so no one has to crash through my window.

I think I am starting to get what the baby has had. My brain is moving slowly, I feel cold and achey. I'm sneezing and starting to be a little drippy.

I made a profile at a website that counts calories and analyzes food eaten. I'm trying to get a handle on my choices. I had way too much sugar today, although it all came from fruit. I had one and a half apples and a banana.  I also did not get enough protein, although I ate 3 eggs.  That really seems like it should be more than enough protein.

I'm never sure who to trust.  It is so hard to know how to eat healthy when we aren't trained when we are young, and there is so much conflicting information.

I have read that the Japanese say that what you feed a child until they are three years old determines the choices they will make for the rest of their lives.  It makes sense that we form our preferences and expectations.  We grew up on white bread, canned vegetables and spaghetti.  Lots of carbs, not much meat, comparatively, and token vegetables.

My kids are definitely healthier than we were.  But they ate from the farm. Too bad we can't go backwards - as far as food is concerned.

Going to go to bed and dream about dancing sirals...

Hope all is well with you,

Love and hugs fromClare

No comments:

Post a Comment