Friday, October 16, 2015

wear it as long...

Happy Friday My Sister!

Singing "Wear it as long as you can" in my mind.  It won't go away.

I have been battling my conscience about meat eating and industrial farming for quite awhile.  I don't eat beef or pork.  I don't eat fish.  I do eat some chicken and turkey. I eat cheese and eggs.

I watched a video of a newborn calf being pulled away from its mother. Yanked by one leg, like it was a piece of trash.  I thought of that every time I ate cheese. But I managed to feed my addiction and ignore my conscience.

Today I saw a photo of two cows waiting in line at a slaughtering plant.  They have their heads leaning against each other - just as we do for comfort.  Their eyes are so knowing.

My heart broke.

I can't do it any more.  I can't be part of their enslavement.

I have to stop eating all meat and milk.

The small still voice in my mind says "Vegan plus eggs."  So I will follow that voice.  And hopefully, someday soon have a few hens in the backyard.  I will engage in their enslavement for my own benefit. I will be part of the myth of the kind owner who gives them a good life.

You know, like Gone With the Wind.

I don't know how we will release chickens. They don't really belong on this continent.

The reason I eat chicken is because in the winter I get cold.  But if I eat meat a few times a week, I don't get cold.  I need to find a way to stay warm. Maybe more peppers, which will mean better circulation...

Still thinking about computers and phones and other items made by slaves.  Since I am not in a position to make any purchases, that's simmering.

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment