Wednesday, October 14, 2015

sporadic

Clare,

Sorry, I'm really sporadic recently. I am not sure why either. I guess I'm not having significant "ah-ha" moments that make me excited to share. I am putting together a  workshop for Friday entitled Yoga as Self Care. Luckily I only have to fill 30 minutes, then a friend is going to teach an hour of yoga.

I am also trying to organize my thoughts for the breast cancer awareness dinner next Wednesday. I still am not sure how I want to approach the subject.

I signed up for a 6 month course on trauma…it begins next Monday. It is online, so it should be very manageable. It requires about 2.5 hours per week to do the work. It is partially taught by a researcher who has written the book I am currently reading. I'm really excited about this course.

 I am feeling less than engaged in life right now…
kind of like being an observer.
I'm not sure why I am feeling this way. I am usually actively participating in my life…controlling or at least making decisions. Right now I can't seem to make anything happen. I have been walking more…my university has a competition this month to see what campus' participants walks the furthest distance. I have a pedometer and am trying to get to 10,000 steps each day. I haven't achieved that every day, but most days I do. At least one thing is working as planned.
I guess I shouldn't worry about control…
live more in the flow and the moment…
I'm trying.

I think the early dark is affecting me. I took my dog for a walk today about 6:45 and it was dark before we finished a mile. That's just depressing. I will have to rearrange my day to walk earlier.

I'm going to go back to my powerpoint creation…
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment