Monday, October 12, 2015

Toad and snake

Clare,

It's fascinating that you choose to play in dreams…
in your mind…
away from your body…
you are most comfortable disconnected.

I have seen toads here…
several summers ago I walked out at night and there was a large toad being swallowed by a snake. My first instinct was to rescue the toad. But it wasn't struggling. And the snake wasn't being cruel, just feeding itself the best way it knows how to. So, I gathered my courage and left the scene. If I had stayed I would have attempted a rescue and that's not part of the balance of life.
I wonder what a snake eating the toad means??

We went to NY City yesterday. Husband, youngest, his girlfriend and myself. Our oldest met us there. We saw the show Les Mis…
my all time favorite musical…
it was a wonderful performance.
After the show our youngest got testy…
He wanted to be able to walk around the city without us…
he had never been there before…
but to the point of bully-ing us to let him wander.
I was so frustrated by his lack of a sense of family that I wanted to scream…
I didn't…
I got very quiet for the remainder of the day.

I've got to put dinner on the table …
I'll try to get back to this later.

Love and Light sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment