Saturday, October 3, 2015

How long?

Clare,

Wear it as long as you can…
How long can I wear something and not even notice the suffering?
How easily can my mind ignore others' suffering?
When is the time to finally see clearly?

I am trying to imagine my life without that phone for instant connection…
I realize I want that connection…
even if it isn't true human connection.
It gives me a certain sense of certainty and security.
I can check in with any of my kids at any moment and feel reassured that they are all right.
I can call for help if I am ever stranded.
I can get husband to bring home things that I've forgotten.

I have been consciously trying to not just use it as entertainment. I am more aware of the real lack of connection by people hanging out with each other. No one talks. They are either looking at their phones or playing virtual reality games. I heard they are trying to create screens that are so detailed and 3D that people believe they enter the virtual reality. So, I try to keep my phone away, not pull it out if I'm waiting for someone or in a line. I try to make eye contact with others and even exchange a few words. It's hard though. It's easier with older people.

I've got a wicked headache…again. I had a massage yesterday and felt fabulous. She was able to release these knots in my neck that never relax. Then we went to son#2 football game. It was 48 genres and raining on and off. Shivering makes everything go into spasm in my upper body. So today I will work on getting my neck to release…again.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment