Thursday, October 29, 2015

To be, or not to be...

Clare,

What a sad question…
whether or not to put down a Meeting…
I am not sure I'd want to be part of that discussion…
but then again I wouldn't want to be left out either.
What was decided?

I cried to day at work.
My young man…
the potential foster son was in.
He has come to the conclusion that the step-grandmother, supposed to take he and his brother into her home, doesn't really want to…
they're doing it out of obligation.
He is devastated…
but putting on a brave face…
talking about going west once he is able to begin a life of his own.
He is amazing…
he disappears into writing when things get tough for him…
he creates complex stories and plots…
all with a hero who saves someone.
He is waiting for a hero to save him.
Last visit I re-iterated that my offer to foster him still stands.
He did not ask today.
He still cannot give up on family…
To be, or not to be…family.

I mentioned to husband that we need to talk about this again…
he's been quietly happy that he did not choose to come to our house…
he's afraid of the negative influences of our sons on this young man.
I'm more afraid of him going through his entire childhood with no one to trust and no one to nurture him…
I gave this young man a book, The Alchemist. I hope that he reads it and finds parallels to his life…teachers entering and leaving his journey…
it is very much this young man's experience.

I appreciate your visual of me running into the woods to release my anger. I may just do that.

My older son is making some remarkable growth.
He's doing his school work online.
He's looking at community college for the spring semester.
He's stopped smoking.
He's working almost every day.
He has matured so much in the past 6 months.
Amazing…

I hope that you get some good sleep tonight…
until the alarm wakes you.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment