Wednesday, October 14, 2015

tears?

Hi Mags,

Hope everything is okay...

I'm going to stay up past my bedtime tonight and see if I can watch a show on the internet...a show that premiers tonight.  It is a show where antique experts go through old homes or barns, looking for treasures.

I didn't understand that then they buy things,

I know I mentioned the death of an older friend about a year and a half ago.  Tonight they will be in her house, going through three generations of memorabilia.

She always wanted to institute a museum of sorts.  She used to have open house twice a week for people to come and see what she had.

Her niece inherited the house and everything in it, and called the producers and competed to have them go through the house...

This makes my friend's death so final...these are her things being made so public, being seen only for dollar value.

Yet, they are only things. And things change and pass on.

I think I will probably cry if I do get to see the show...

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment