Sunday, October 25, 2015

pumpkin seeds

Hi Maggie,

My computer died. And earlier today it was resurrected through the intercession of S#3, via telephone.  I went through all of my emotional drama.  Then she fixed it, and everything is fairly all right in my world.

I am grateful.

I like the idea of the body being a notebook, or maybe a road map, of where we have been and the pain we have endured.  And I think maybe you have uncovered the secret of yoga - using stretch to open stored memories and images and traumas.

I really like it.  It leads me to wishing I could find a good yoga class. Or tai chi. I am very interested in tai chi...

Your memory release is wonderful.  I like the opening...the possibilities.  I also wondered what all B#2 got away with.  I didn't know this story, but I do know some others.  And he has all of that stored in himself.  It must be extremely painful in there.

On a whim, and because it was on my shelf, I began rereading Christy. I think I read it once, when I was about 19, and at Grandma's urging. 

It is different now.  I hadn't remembered that there was a Quaker main character.  I am really thinking about some of the main themes. Like - sometimes bad things happen because we do not listen to that still, small voice within - we are not obedient to Spirit.  If we were, things would happen differently.  Like - once we love someone, the physical imperfections cease to matter.  We stop noticing them.

 Like - be grateful for the irritations in life. Stop, pay attention, see what the message is.  After being dramatic, and sorry for myself, I tried on,  "Thank you for the problems with my computer..."  Not sure what the message was, but it definitely broke the "Poooooooor meeeee" cycle.

Like, Spirit moves us toward joy...not fear.

I had a busy weekend.  And, now at the end, I am alone in the blessed silence roasting pumpkin seeds. Lots and lots of pumpkin seeds.

Hope you are likewise blest!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment