Sunday, May 31, 2015

you're back!

Hi Maggie,

It was nice to see you here today!! I was missing this!

I have been reading a lot of the stories on the yahoo news page. I think if one shows interest in a subject, yahoo provides additional similar stories.  Today I read a letter from a gay dad to the Duggar mom. Apparently the Duggars have been campaigning against gay rights, branding anyone who is not like them as molesters and pedophiles.  The letter writer made a great point.  He said the Duggars are not hypocrites.  A hypocrite criticizes others for doing something the accuser is also doing.  Instead, the Duggars were accusing innocent people of  doing what the Duggars were doing.

It reminded me of how anti-gay Dad always was.  It was like he was terrified of gay men. Which of course takes me back to the questions begging to be answered.  Who taught them?  Who taught them to fear?  Who taught these men to molest?  I know rapists have been raped.  I just know it.  On some level, by some authority figure, they have been raped.

Why is no one looking at that???

I like your attitude about sexuality.  I remember trying to talk to one of mine  about sexuality, and about experimenting and exploring and not just doing the All-American get in there and come. I was trying to explain the levels of sexuality and why they are all important.  My grateful child put fingers in ears and sang,  "I don't want to hear this from my mother."  over and over.

In Europe no one freaks out about teenagers exploring sexuality.  And no one freaks out about sex education. Only here in Puritan America must we control and condemn.

I have been so busy with work and with the baby and with some Quaker things, I haven't had time to explore the Ambler Light meditations for awhile.

I need time...and right now I really need to sleep.

More tomorrow,

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment