Wednesday, May 6, 2015

perception

Hi Maggie,

I woke up early this morning with that jarring realization that I agreed to write a report for a meeting tomorrow night.  And other Friends on the committee were supposed to have some time to edit and think about it before hand...So I reread all the original documents the report was based on, then I went and laid in the grass and wrote.

I'm not sure if this is an effective technique or not, but the report is written and waiting to be pulled apart by the others on the committee.

Before that jolt into reality, I was following a strange trail.  It made sense while I was half asleep, but I'm not sure I can explain it now - just before bed.

But...when my oldest was 19, her then boyfriend gave her a husky puppy for her birthday.  Later, they were having some difficulties in their relationship...and you know how some young couple have a baby, trying to get closer and solve their problems? Well my daughter and this boyfriend got a new puppy.  Then they broke up.  She moved to her own apartment, and could only have one dog. She asked me if I could keep her husky, who was then 2 years old, for just a little while.  I had him for 11 years.

I remember that people would ask about my dogs and I would always explain that he belonged to my daughter, but was with me for awhile.  After about 6 years, I realized that any time I put my hand down, he was there.  I realized he was my dog.  The dog he knew he was my companion, I was his human - but I didn't.  And suddenly I wondered about my perceptions of the world. How many truths am I missing?  How far are my perceptions from reality?What am I missing?

In the still of the early morning,I was onto somehting - I was redefining something about myself. But with the morning sun - it disappeared!

Hope you have a lovely day.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment