Monday, May 4, 2015

good weekend

Clare,

I had the same impression of S#3…
but through our discussion she told me that she is asking her daughter to step up…
to take back some of the responsibilities.
I think that's a positive step except that she doesn't really want to relinquish the reins.
I see her stepping back in when her daughter makes poor decisions and re-assuming the burdens…
which reinforces her daughter's sense that she is not capable…
mom is more capable….
I do the same thing with my kids' assignments and chores.
They don't do them the way that I like…
so I step in and "help" them…
which teaches them to depend upon me for assistance.
I am trying to change…
acknowledgement is the first step.

"Love is giving roots AND wings"
That was a message in Meeting yesterday.

S#4 has a biopsy today. She is frightened. I wish I could hold her hand, but that is not possible. I am going to be with her through her surgery and a few days following. I am looking forward to paying forward all of the kindness that was given to me last year. I am a bit afraid of reliving some of my own trauma from last June…but I will be aware of the possibility and hopefully deal with it.

We had a good weekend.
Gardening…
walking…
yoga…
I saw a lot of F/friends at the yearly gathering yesterday. I was only able to go for Sunday morning, but it is always a great time…
Daughter #2 had a show yesterday afternoon and then dinner with our Ukranian friends.
My youngest is going to travel in Europe with them this summer. He has been invited to spend 2 months traveling with them…we're not sure how long he will actually spend there…Probably 3 or 4 weeks.

Next weekend is graduation for both of my daughters…
and mother's day…
and a prom for the youngest.
I need to pace myself.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment