Friday, May 8, 2015

Light.....

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I had a quiet day.  I think we're falling into the pattern we had with Grandma - celebrating birthday and Mother's Day at once. I have never been a big proponent of Mother's Day, though. If we did it activist style, ala Julia Ward Howe, that would be one thing.  But the artificial event is has become really does not speak to me.

And I've never liked celebrating my birthday much.

It all adds up to a no-fun-Mama.

I was awake in the middle of the night.  Again. And I was thinking about this world and all the problems.  Then I started thinking about what I love.  I love this planet.  It is such a beautiful place to live.  I love dogs - the whole species. I love all animals.  I really love the plants. I love humans...What I don't love is that small group of pathologically greedy entities who are in the process of destroying the planet and all life on it.

I started getting angry and feeling hateful.  I stopped myself.  I remembered all the spiritual work I did to find a place of compassion for George Bush...I think I have talked about that.  I tried to go back to that place, and started feeling compassion.

And I got this strange message.  The Earth and the individuals on it are allowing this all to happen because we are too dense.  We have to lighten up and love everything and then, this way can not survive. We cannot enslave nor be enslaved.

In the middle of the night, this felt profound and deep and correct. Now, in the light of day, I am wondering if I'm a tad mad...

But I'm going to work on this...on being light and loving and positive.

And...a more experienced Friend introduced me to the work of Rex Ambler.  He was a British Friend who began to suspect that there was something more going on with early Friends.  He started rereading and analyzing the writings of early Friends and realized they were working with specific meditations. He retrieved and modernized the form and has been working with it.

It recommends we don't do it alone, but I might. I am really curious...I thought you might be too...

I hope you have a fabulous, family centered, festive weekend.  Congratulations to both of your daughters!!

Love and hugs from Clare

Big sisterly maternal thoughts --  I have said this before, but you have not had down time since your surgery.  Of course you are exhausted on many levels. And now, with what S#4 is going through, it will bring it all back for you.  You need to go into yourself, make a cocoon and rest.

Love, lots of love...


No comments:

Post a Comment