Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Venting

Clare,

I hope we are seeing the end of patriarchy…
I hope this wave of violence is birthing something new…
more balanced…
healthier.
A true equality…
being valued for our unique characteristics…
being able to show our weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

I have read very little about the Duggars…
because it makes me incredibly sad to think of those young women.
I agree that the focus should be shifted to helping the girls…
but also shine the Light onto why this was able to happen…
and happens over and over again…
it's an epidemic.
1 in 3 females are molested before the age of 18 and the vast majority are by family members or close friends…
That's a Fucking epidemic!
And yet we sit around and pretend it doesn't matter…
or that it was a freak of nature.
Why aren't we having the conversations necessary?
Why can the boys/men and family members conveniently forget…
or rewrite history into a kinder, gentler version…
like playing doctor- as if everyone consents to the game.

I'm not going to keep venting…

I do wonder if the recent stories have triggered anything in our family? Will they ever speak up? Will they ever find the courage to remember and speak up?
It's a calling…
an opportunity for amazing spiritual growth…
but would rock their worlds.

Check this out…it's beautifully written but difficult to read…
http://listsandletters.com/blog/2014/11/7/speaking-out-about-silence

One thought I had about S#4 family. It occurs to me that in my house the adults are sober and the kids are playing with substances…
but in S#4 family it's the opposite.
I'm not saying they are alcoholics, but the first evening home 3 friends stopped by and drank beers with S#4 nodding off. The daughters remained close, helping out frequently. I wonder if this is the parentification that happens to Adult Children of Alcoholics…I wonder if that's what I was observing.

I am creating a powerpoint training on the new child abuse laws in my state, for social workers. I have spent the past two weeks trying to sift through technical legal writings to get to the heart of the matter. I've already created a similar presentation for my Meeting- I told you about that previously. I am struggling with the tone and delivery to avoid such a negative reaction this time around. I do believe it will be received differently by social workers though…they've been required to have background checks and report suspected abuse for years. Any suggestions?

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment