Tuesday, July 15, 2014

the recluse

Below is an excerpt. It's from the piece called "Subterranean Pronoia
Therapy."

1. Declare amnesty for the part of you that you don't love very well.
Forgive that poor sucker. Hold its hand and take it out to dinner and a
movie. Tactfully offer it a chance to make amends for the dumb things it
has done.

And then do a dramatic reading of this proclamation by the playwright
Theodore Rubin: "I must learn to love the fool in me -- the one who feels
too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and
loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt,
promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me
against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor
and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for
my fool."


Rob Breszny is one of my heroes.  He does a horoscope twice a month with pieces like that above included.  He wrote Pronoia, a book that really influenced me.

I read this this morning, and have been thinking about it all day.

What part of me needs to be forgiven?  I think it's the part of me that retires and hides, it is my inner hermit. It is the part of me that panics in the face of exciting potential  and hides.

I need to bring this scared little person out into the sunshine of possibility.  And I have to thank her for keeping us safe.  We haven't had to face things that made us feel not-good-enough.  But I have to love her into being ready to be vulnerable, to be seen.

What is you part?  What part needs forgiven and accepted and loved?

I'll probably stay with this tonight.

I love you lots and lots,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment