Monday, July 7, 2014

a girl like that

Hi Maggie,

So I went fora long walk. I haven't been doing enough of that.  I had forgotten how it clears the mind and allows thoughts and memories to rise to the surface.

I was goofing around on our "favorite" social media, and suddenly looked up an old boyfriend.  He was someone I dated for just a few months.  We worked in the same place, and when I saw him for the first time, it was like there was a light.  This has happened about three times, the third being the most noticeable, with someone in a huge gold bubble.  But I digress. When I met this young man, when I was still a young woman, it was instantly mutual.  It was frightening.  We just started talking and spending time together.  He broke up with a long time girlfriend.

I guess his parents liked the girlfriend, because his father warned him about getting involved with girls like me.  His dad never met me, never spoke with me, never saw me. Yet he was quick to decide I was a girl like that.

I was walking and getting angry, all of these years later.  I started thinking about girls like that. We have probably been abused and obviously labeled.  We are not good enough. What girls like that need is compassion...

Then I thought about my life.  I have not developed much of a career, but I raised five exceptional individuals.  They are all kind, they all do interesting things. Sure, they struggle with relationships and alcohol, but we all have something. I protected and raised a family of good people.

All that came from a girl like that.

The I remembered how mean and judgmental this young man could be and I realized I would rather be a girls like that than mean.

All of these swirling thoughts, and butterflies too!

I love you. I miss you.  I am sending healing love...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment