Thursday, July 17, 2014

it's always okay

So, my sister saw the surgeon today and found that she will not have to have chemo or radiation.  I am so grateful, so relieved. Now she can just focus on healing...

I have had bouts of depression all of my life. In a way it's been my constant companion, my most faithful friend.  I know what I am going through now has to do with sugar withdrawal.  I think the physical addiction is under control - as long as I don't have any.  But then there's always the psychological addiction.  We numb for a reason.  I have a lot going on and I am tired.  It is triggering the psychological need to escape.  And sugar is a cheap escape.  I can drown myself in ice cream for just a few bucks.

I have been thinking about depression.  It takes me deep, and I find interesting things. I think of things other people don't seem to understand.  It is a gift.

This too will pass.  I will be okay.

I can't wait to hear about your trip, about your son's reaction, about your tour of Sedona.

Have fun. Heal. I love you...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment