Saturday, July 12, 2014

memories

I was trying to think of who might be able to take off for a week.  No one up here.  I'm glad S#3 is available.

I watched my grandson today and he showed up in a red T-shirt with a pirate on the front that said Ahoy Matey.  I was homesick for the island and my dolphin friend for a few minutes.  Then we started talking about where we would like to visit, and decided we would go to the caves in Kentucky.

 I was getting the youngest to nap and encouraging the boy to sleep (without success) when I drifted off.  I had a memory of spending a day with Grandmom and she fell asleep. I was sitting there, waiting for her to wake up.  I didn't know what to do.  When she woke up she asked if she had been snoring.  I said no, bit she did make funny noises with her nose.

Strange what pops into the mind.

We have been volunteering to do set up for a music fest for about 15 years.  Yesterday I was on the ground and I watched two of my sons, and my grandson who looks so much like them, in the back of a pick up truck, going to put up tents.  The little guy was so proud to be between his uncle and his dad.

And I am lost in memory, thinking about the way time cycles back on us - and we're just one generation out...

As usual, I'm tired and totally lacking in profundity.  I hope you have a restful night.

Love from a sister,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment