Saturday, July 26, 2014

Choices

Clare,

It's interesting, your thoughts on the photos. When we were out west I told husband to worry less about pictures and more about really seeing where we are. I have people take a picture of me when I am somewhere, but usually only one to remember who I was that day.

To answer your question…
youngest son does not want to write to the older one.
I have offered it…
left the invitation open…
but he is really angry with him.

Today I wrote to him about trust. On the plane ride out he and I sat together and he mentioned an artist who has a tattoo that says "trust no one". I explained that most of my life was lived that way and it wasn't a good way to live. So wrote about that a bit. That I failed to trust his gifts, trying to mold him into who I thought he should be rather than supporting his exploration of the world. Not his exploration of drugs- but of what the world has to offer. He just has to choose who to trust.

I like writing him letters. I like taking the time to explain myself- without interruption.

I actually got out to weed my vegetable garden today. It felt good to pull weeds. It will strengthen and loosen my arm and chest muscles. I found 4 zucchini and numerous tomatoes under all of the weeds. It's like Christmas in July. It feels good to just be outside moving. I am still walking 3 miles per day. Sometimes more if we take the dogs out in the evening, but I like working through the yard.

That's about all for now,
ove and Light until tomorrow,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment