Sunday, July 27, 2014

goldenrod

I like writing letters also.  I like to sit with paper and a good pen and to think onto the page.  Unfortunately, my elderly friend who died in April was my last pen pal.  I have a couple people I keep in touch with via email, but no one waits for the postman anymore on my behalf.

I wonder how we could start a new movement...

Perhaps your youngest could write about his anger, and just save it for the future.

Our weekend has been hectic.  I got the coolest phone call ever. A close friend called and asked if I would be willing to go some place secret...right now.  I could bring the baby.  We ended up in a lake, swimming, playing with rocks.  There's more to the story, but how  can a life be boring or wrong when there are questions like that.  Then my youngest twisted her knee at work and tore a ligament.  She was going around in circles, and finally I said,  "It's your knee.  It's your pain.  Use your intuition.  Do we need to go to the hospital?"

We went.

We took the baby since it was obviously going to stretch over bedtime, and nursing would be mandatory.  They were busy in the ER - we got home at about 12:30.   Long, long day.

We just never know what life has in store for us.

I had a magic moment, early yesterday morning.  I was working in the backyard, and was suddenly face to face with a goldenrod that was the exact same height as me.  We talked about being spicy and golden. It was a nice start to my day...

My garden is producing beans right now.  Something stole my zucchini - both the first planting, then the second.  I can't believe we don't have zucchini!  Oh well, I'll buy some at the Amish farm.  I always grate some to have on hand for zucchini bread or to throw in soups or pancakes.

Closer and closer 'til I get to go see my son and his family.  I miss them so much.  And I'm starting to feel like something is going to happen...

How are your lentils and rice?  Have you invented any new recipes?  One of my favorites is to cook them along with barbecue sauce then eat them in a flour tortilla...

I love you. I'll check in soon.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment