Friday, July 11, 2014

Thank God for sisters...

Clare,

I went out to a fund raiser last night for the DV shelter with my oldest. I had such a good time, but am definitely paying the price for being out and upright for that long. I saw many friends…most of whom did not know about my surgery, but were amazed when they found out. The funny part is when people look at you…can't figure out what's different…ask you if you've lost weight, or changed your hair. It really is quite funny to watch human reactions. It was fun…but today I have paid the price. I have had spasms like never before, took a 2 hour nap and needed an additional muscle relaxant.

So, tomorrow we are meeting with a friend who is a police detective to go over our younger son's cell phone which clearly identifies several drug suppliers. We are asking his advice about how to put an end to this, or curtail it. I am seriously considering organizing a meeting for parents to show them how many of their "perfect" kids are using on a regular basis. If we can start a dialogue then maybe we can work together and at least make it more difficult for them to use.

I am so sick of the whole drug issue.

So S#3 is taking my youngest and his friend to the beach next week. I really need a week of not worrying about him while I am relocating the older one. He and his friend love the island and really relax there. I am so glad they are getting away…for all of our sakes.

Thank God for sisters! You included.

I had a conversation last evening with a friend who I met while practicing medicine. We were both pregnant at the time (my third). We marveled at how there was a cohort of kids born within a few days of each other who were the easiest going, brightest and carefree group we had ever seen. They were the "blizzard babies"- 30 inches of snow in 24 hours early January- and then they were all born in late Sept. Her daughter has struggled this year as well- missing 6 weeks of school for a serious depression. I felt so "not alone" when I was talking with her. She and I have worked on some really important local issues together and we seem to cycle through life together. I love and value her friendship and her support. I am truly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment