Sunday, July 20, 2014

love your enemy

"And God said, 'Love your enemy.' and I obeyed him and loved myself."
                          -Kahlil Gibran

I had two strange dreams the other night.  In the first my oldest fell down and I jerked awake, worried about her health.  I told her, so she is aware.  She has been fighting the latest bug, and seems to be on the healing side now.  But I feel alert...Mom-watching...

The second was more fun. I dreamed my toes were flower bulbs.  They were rooting. On the one hand, if I can't move, I don't think I like this.  But flower-toes -- how cool.

So, I found the quote above yesterday and it's been on my mind ever since.  I do have a hard time accepting myself, not judging myself.  It just seems to me that if I could find a place of acceptance for Bush, I could be a gentle and generous and kind with myself.  But I don't love and honor myself.  I do just enough to survive, I think, rather than having fun.

I will try to set aside specific time to work on this...

Hope all went well with your son, hope you and your husband are having a relaxing trip.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment