Thursday, July 24, 2014

back to the abuser

My daughter has a close friend who has been mentioned here.  She has sort of disappeared lately. I know she has classes 5 days a week, and she works 5 evenings a week, and she was helping her mom who hurt her arm at work.  So, I wasn't exactly worried.

But the last time she disappeared, it was because she was involved with an abusive boyfriend.  And she's back with him...

I don't understand why. 

When they broke up, and she talked about what had happened in the relationship. I didn't think she would ever go back to him.  I can see making the same mistake with a different man - learning the patterns...But going back to someone who left you bruised.

Why?

Why do we think we are so unlovable? Why are we so anxious to be validated by a man's attention?

It's late.  I'm going to go ruminate.

Love and hugs to you...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment