Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We

I just got back from a visit with some friends in my Masters program. I don't have class with them this semester because I am taking macro classes (policy and administration)...it was so nice to see them. A friend...just 2 years older than me told me she has breast cancer...she had a lumpectomy, but with unclear margins so she is going to have a mastectomy. She has decided (with her doctor's OK) that she will wait until after graduation to have the surgery.
So scary...
so close to home...

I do understand the need to reclaim the power and dignity of the feminine...
but if we do it at the expense of the masculine then we are no more moral or noble than the present male to female attitudes...
I was talking with one of my professors, a male...and discussing the disconnect and how that plays into interpersonal violence...and our need to connect and see our interdependence with each other and all of the beings as well as the earth itself. We need to throw away the 'them' and 'us'...and just see 'we'.

I am going to bed...I was out about an hour and a half longer than I expected...and I need to get some sleep. I have a 3 hour appointment to get my car serviced tomorrow am...I will check in then.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment